Tuesday 18 May 2010

Little Miss Green Fingers...

...This is what I'm going to rename myself; as I have apparentely been nominated the chief gardener in the school where I work. I spent yesterday helping some of the children weed the flower beds and plant the new flowers, veg and herb plants. I then spent today at a garden centre buying hundreds of new plants for the school grounds. They gave me a blank, signed cheque - the temptation to run away and book a 5* all inclusive trip to Jamaica was extremely high, I seriously considered it for a good 5 minutes! However, I resisted, just. I left with a car full of lovely bright and nicely scented flowers instead!

My fiance met me at the garden centre and had a wander round with me, this gave him the gardening bug. He then got the great idea to build a new flower bed in our already crowded garden! So off he rushed home to get started. I got home to find it almost complete, with him tipping in the new compost and the few plants we bought today. I must say, he's done a great job, I'm very impressed with his ability to throw things together within a couple of hours. He really should look into becoming a carpenter!

So our garden is a hive of activity now. It looks very pretty! I must admit, I do love getting stuck into it, making it look bright and colourful. We grow alot of our own salad and veg too, it's very addictive. I'm abit of a hippy really, people often tell me that. I'd probably go as far as to chain myself to a tree to stop it being cut down. What can I say, I'm a passionate person. And proud of it!

I'm going now, to hug some trees...

No comments:

Post a Comment